Sunday, March 27, 2016

Amazon Whisperer

With this assignment, I ran into a slight issue, being that my idea is a service rather than a product. I think many others in this course will run into a similar issue.

My revenue driver is my restaurant. The idea being that if people buy our food then we will turn a profit. We also have the added benefit that many of the jobs will be rather low-paying due to them being tipped jobs. I think the next thing we could do is make a sister restaurant, or make the franchise a chain. Or, we could make the food accessible to people at grocery stores, in either a heat it up yourself or possibly sell the ingredients in a do it yourself manner. While this is the second option, expanding to grocery stores could further the market and add a convenience factor. Something I looked up on amazon that is relatively similar are white castle frozen burgers. Several of the reviews are positive, talking about how they are very similar to the real thing. If we were able to encompass something similar, our restaurant could be taken to a whole new level. I'm not exactly sure what I would change but I do know slight changes to the recipe would probably be necessary.

2 comments:

  1. Alex,
    I can understand the difficulty of finding the "next" thing on Amazon from a service. Ideally, you could do what Darden does and make entirely new restaurants. In this context, having your food sold in stores is an awesome idea! Your revenue is similar to my own, where it is from selling product. I do recommend separating your large paragraph into small ones instead for the purpose of an easier read. Otherwise, I think your idea and next idea are great! If you get a chance, please check out my post at http://innovationnation101.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex, I think that this is a very good business plan. Many restaurants have similar ideas, though, so it is definitely most important that your restaurant is unique in someway. If you have good food and a memorable identity you'll have plenty of success. Good job, check out my idea here: http://intellectualramble.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete