I consider my Uncle Johnny an entrepreneur. He owns and operates several businesses, his most successful being a property management company based in Orlando. Having not graduated college, he left school to pursue his goals. It's a true testament to the idea that great things can come to those who work hard. While a formal education does help, he has succeeded without a degree. He seems well-versed in just about every aspect of life. He spends his time reading, learning knew things, always claiming that knowledge is the key to success. I hope to one day lead a similar life. I hope to constantly grow as a person, to use my money wisely, and to ultimately be very successful in my respective fields of work. This course, is much different than many courses in college, in the sense that it is far more interactive than many classes that have me glued to a textbook. My biggest goal with this course is to learn and develop the skills necessary for me to become successful.

Hi Alex,
ReplyDeleteI love your example of Ed Sheeran as an entrepreneur. We often don't consider famous musicians as so, but really they faced many of the processes you will learn about in this class. I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future!
-Olivia, Your ENT3003 TA Mentor
Hi Alexander,
ReplyDeleteI think it's really cool that someone so close to you is an entrepreneur that you can look up to. So often we're told that the only way to be successful is to go to school, get a degree, find a corporation, etc. but your Uncle along with many other others are proof that hard work wish push you farther into your future than any peice of paper. Also, love Ed Sheeran.
-Anna Hall
Hi Alex, I really relate to you as I have a family member who is an entrepreneur too. My brother founded his own coding/IT company with a couple of his friends. It's great that we have such wonderful examples of hard work. This connection and knowledge will help to further you in this class and your future business ventures as well. I also talk a little bit about the entrepreneur I've witnessed in my blog post. You can find it here: http://isabellaruggeri.blogspot.com/2016/01/my-entrepreneurship-story.html. Good luck in the class!
ReplyDelete