1. I was a bit confused about the financial risk portion of the reading. Obviously, as many know, if the venture fails, an individual will lose money. However, the reading nonchalantly mentions bankruptcy, without stressing how severe such an outcome can be. Obviously, many see this is a possible outcome that could occur. However, I was surprised that the reading was very, very nonchalant about the idea of potentially declaring bankruptcy.
2. I was surprised by how many sources of stress there are in an entrepreneur's life. These include, loneliness, immersion in business, people problems, and need to achieve. I've always assumed the stress level was present, and potentially high. However, I've never considered just how many variables can cause it.
3. I would ask the author about his opinion on a money/quality of life balance. I would want to know if he is someone that would rather make millions, constantly stressed, with a very small amount of free time. On the other hand, I would want to know if he would prefer a less comfortable living, but a far higher quality of life with lower stress. I would also ask the author where he personally thinks most entrepreneurs fail. He addresses the several components of the entrepreneur's ego. However, I am unclear as to where he thinks most people struggle to be successful, and which particular component of the ego causes entrepreneurs to not grow their businesses.
4. Similarly to last week. The author brought many valid points. Often, in books, only the cut and dry benefits are shown. This chapter, brights light to the dark side of entrepreneurship, which many do not necessarily take into account when trying to become an entrepreneur. It is important to take into account the risk versus reward when making important business decisions.
No comments:
Post a Comment