Me: What is it exactly that you do, that you consider yourself an entrepreneur?
Sean Treiser: I am a DJ. I play several location, several nights a week. Many of the fraternity and sorority socials, I play. I also play various other locations. I consider myself an entrepreneur because I run my own company, called DJ Stryzer. I am self-employed.
Me: That's very interesting. I take it that it's going well. Where do you see you and your company in the next year?
Sean Treiser: As I am approaching graduation, I've learned a lot. I now know the importance of proper marketing and proper networking. I work smaller venues at the moment, but through word of mouth, I do hope that my name and my brand grow exponentially in the coming years.
Me: What made you want to be an entrepreneur, rather than working for an entertainment company?
Sean Treiser: As a finance major, I've worked various internships. In doing so, I've been surrounded by entrepreneurs. It was almost a confidence blow to seeing that these people were working under their own control as business owners. I wanted to do that and watch my name and my brand grow over time.
Sean Treiser is a DJ who is currently a senior here at UF. He is self-employed and work several nights a week at various locations here in Gainesville. He often works downtown at 101 Cantina. He is an entrepreneur because he runs his own entertainment company. Furthermore, he is an entrepreneur because he is not okay with the idea of a stagnant business. He wants to see his name and his brand grow over time. He understand that in the entertainment industry, with hard work and a little bit of luck, success can become exponential.
My interview with Sean was very interesting. He wasn't too had to track down, as he lives on the same floor as me in my apartment building. Sean's case is interesting, as he isn't necessarily selling a product, but himself as a brand. He wants to see his name, as a brand grow over time. It's also very interesting, as Sean is still a student. However, he is taking the necessary steps early to set himself up for success down the line.
No comments:
Post a Comment