I got some good feedback from last time and I think I've improved. I have a bad habit of speaking in a relatively monotone voice. It's tough to be dynamic and fluid when this is a habit. I'm working to break that habit. There was no feedback that was silly to me, as I believe that all feedback is relatively helpful. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think the most important thing with this type of thing is to not come off as too aggressive. I tried to speak relatively casually while still getting my point across.
Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Elevator Pitch No. 2
I got some good feedback from last time and I think I've improved. I have a bad habit of speaking in a relatively monotone voice. It's tough to be dynamic and fluid when this is a habit. I'm working to break that habit. There was no feedback that was silly to me, as I believe that all feedback is relatively helpful. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I think the most important thing with this type of thing is to not come off as too aggressive. I tried to speak relatively casually while still getting my point across.
Labels:
Week 7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I believe you are making an effort in speaking with a more dynamic voice, because I can hear your tone of voice go up and down, especially in the beginning. I like that you incorporated beginning and end credits in your pitch, as it made you appear more professional. You did not come off as aggressive to and you were able to explain your concept. What I think you can improve on is fluidity, as in learning to speak your pitch without any noticeable stops and/or interruptions. I noticed that once or twice in your pitch. Good job so far! Here's my link:
ReplyDeletehttp://entintheair.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html
You did a great job at explaining Johnny John's and relating to your audience by describing various situations they might be in where Johnny John's would be useful. You were casual in your presentation, filmed it in a well lit area and didn't seem monotone. With this pitch, I think that you'd have customers zooming in to your business in no time! Check out my post here: http://isabellaruggeri.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no-2.html.
ReplyDeleteAlex, I thought you did a great job with your pitch and went into a good amount of detail to get your point across to the viewers. Im glad to hear that you were able to benefit from the feedback of your first pitch, it is definitely noticeable that you tried to work and fix some of the suggested feedback your received. I did not get a sense of speaking in monotone this time around. Here is the link to my blog post if you are interested in reading about it: http://ariellechristina.blogspot.com/2016/02/elevator-pitch-no2.html
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi, Alex! I thought your assertion was great and you spoke at a good pace. For future reference, I would work on your fluidity of speech and taking fewer or shorter pauses between statements. Also, I would have liked for you to include specific elements that make your restaurant service/products unique instead of you simply stating that you are different. How so? Overall, great job! Check out my pitch here: http://analeisent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/week-7-elevator-pitch-no-2.html
ReplyDelete