1. The biggest surprise for me while reading this was the simplicity of a start-up to a company. While I've always had a basic understanding of how a company starts. However, the author outlines it in a very simplistic fashion, something I admire. I've always been an advocate of trying to break things down to their simplest components. He makes the idea of starting a company much less daunting.
2. I was a bit confused by the financial side of things. I understand that people often underestimate how much capital is needed to get a business going. However, it is a bit conflicting that he states how simplistic starting a company can be, then throws a bit of a curveball by stating the major issue of lack of capital.
3. I would specifically ask him what his idea of physical companies vs electronic. For example, does he think big box retailers should triumph over online retailers such as amazon. I would also ask a question going off of the first. What profit margins could one expect? Would the cost of running an online retailer be less than that of one that is physically in person? How do different aspects of the companies differ? I ask these questions specifically because he uses eBay as one of his examples in the textbook.
4. I would not change anything the author said, nor do I necessarily disagree with him. I very much enjoy his specific outlining of various topics of entrepreneurship.
Alex,
ReplyDeleteYou are dong a great job with these blogs. Keep up the good work! I look forward to reading your future posts.
-Olivia, Your ENT3003 TA Mentor