1. I was slightly surprised at the level of debt that many businesses experience. The author references that many businesses start up in debt. This idea goes against a lot of peoples' ideals. However, if you feel strongly enough about your business venture, I'm sure the risk can be well worth it.
2. I was confused by the presence of investing in new businesses. I have always been under the idea that many businesses start and try to find potential investors to fund the new business ventures in exchange for x percentage of profits later. However, the book stated that many businesses are taking out loans to start businesses. The reason this confuses me is because in the past I had heard from many people that financing a business is a very bad idea. However, these are mostly the people who have come from privileged backgrounds and don't really understand the other side of the venture.
3. I would ask the author specifically what his view on loans and financing a business are. I would ask him what kind of loan is the best in his eyes, and at what interest rate is it considered just too much? I would also ask the author what his views on corporate and profit taxes are? I know it's a broad question but I'm sure it would make for an interesting discussion.
4. I don't really disagree with the author on anything. The chapter was pretty straight to the point and showed how one can fund their business.
No comments:
Post a Comment