You definitely have to be aggressive with this course. You can't expect to sit in your room and everything to work out. You have to go out and talk to people. You have to talk to peers in the class and reflect a lot on what works and what does not work. This isn't your standard textbook class. There's a lot to do and it's not always the norm in a college environment. I've thought about giving up in this class sometimes. The thought of having to go to a public place and interview people who you have never met can be a bit intimidating sometimes, but you just have to power through and get it done. This class can be relatively time intensive. I think tenaciousness is very important, as it ultimately goes hand in hang with perseverance. I will give you three tips. One, be aggressive. Don't be afraid to go out and talk to people. Feedback is critical. Confidence is critical. This class will actually help you much more than you know. It's not something to just B.S. Two, you can't get embarrassed. Everyone is doing the same stuff. You're only hurting yourself if you choose to skip out of not work your hardest. Three, be confident. However, not over confident. Feedback is critical. You're not always right and the only way you can grow is by reflecting and making changes. You have to set goals, and do everything you can to strive for success, even if people don't always believe in you.


Hey Alex,
ReplyDeleteI agree! The class is useful and the exercises are designed to set you just slightly outside of your comfort zone, but with a stated purpose. I like the Tom Brady post, I had no idea the scouting report was so negative about him. Through hard work, he proved them all wrong.
Hi Alex,
ReplyDeleteI really agree with what you said about this class. The first couple assignments it took me a lot of effort to do them, as I was embarrassed to go out and talk to strangers. However, just like you mentioned in your post, everybody in this class is doing the same thing, and overthinking will get you nowhere. Also, it is important to reflect on your mistakes, and that is when feedback comes in. While developing my business idea, I completely forgot about a really important aspect of my business idea, and one of our classmates gave me a really good suggestion that helped me a lot. Great job!
You can check out my blog here, if you are interested: http://theroadtoentrepreneurship.blogspot.com/