1. I was very surprised about the idea of patents. I think that we all have this misconception that if you come up with an original idea, it is solely yours. Then we think about the idea that CVS and Walgreens are basically the same thing, but they're both still legally allowed to coexist. I'm surprised at how easy it is to get around patents. To me, they're more of a way to state that you've done something meaningful, rather than make something truly yours.
2. I was slightly confused about the legal side of much of the chapter. Obviously, not being a lawyer, I have a tough time grasping some of the concepts and loopholes around business. A lot of us don't realize how much lawyers influence much of the business side of the world.
3. I would ask the author a few questions. Specifically, how important does he feel patents are in the real world. Does he think they're mainly just for merit, or does he think that patents truly keep the big businesses from destroying the smaller ones. I also want to know if he has any patents.
4. I would not disagree with anything that the author stated. This chapter was very interesting because it spoke about entrepreneurship from a legal side, rather than what we are traditionally used to in this textbook.
No comments:
Post a Comment