Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 2

      I'm Alex Knight. I like to think I'm good at thinking rationally and identifying the needs of other people. Most importantly, I like to get straight to the point without beating around the bush. I have worked several retail jobs, as well as been a customer at many different franchises. I've identified what is flawed, what can be improved, as well as new ideas that could be potential game changers. My business is a very interesting concept, and I'm willing to see it as something that I will spend all of my time and money on (as are three other people). I understand that one has to start from the ground and work his way up. I've decided to create a breakfast restaurant, that is specifically catered to college kids in college towns. It will be the ideal late night eats spot after a long night of being out. It'll offer far more food options, with customizable food options. If you can dream it, we can make it! Customers, specifically college students will care because I know from personal experiences, when you go out you always get hungry at the end of the night. Most intoxicated people want something that tastes great after a long night of going out. Several students have expressed their concern for the lack of food options after a late night in mid-town. This is where we come into play.
      We are different. We are not the average food restaurant. We understand that the the demographic of college kids behave and act much differently than most restaurants are prepared for. Our waiters will be able to deal with the drunkest of kids, and probably make their night even more entertaining. We will deliver late at night, have a drive-thru, and an eat-in option. Ideally, we would like to partner with other companies to allow all sorts of custom pancakes! I thoroughly feel like there is no company like this, and we will set ourselves apart. Many might think it's crazy that I am openly writing about the fact that I would like to cater to the needs of drunk college kids. However, people have the most fun when they're drunk, and it would be a disservice to not try to make their nights a little bit better. I see no flaw to this idea, as college kids will always party, and a market will always be available. Start up costs may be high. However, this is something we've planned for.

Feedback Memo:
   
      From my feedback, I've realized a few things. Students are always hungry. Students love to get drunk. Students are always hungry after a night of partying. Gainesville lacks late-night dining options. Most importantly, feedback indicated that my direct approach was desirable. I don't want to beat around the bush. I want to make it clear that my biggest market is drunk, college kids. And that's totally okay. I tried to incorporate this into my new idea napkin.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Alex, I have to say, this is one of the most interesting concepts that I have read thus far. It is in fact a brilliant idea! I understand that your target market will not be your only market so I guess that answers the question of “a drive thru for drunk people?!” There may be some broken furniture, puke and payment challenges, but overall I really think you are on to something. Good luck!!
    See my blog here…http://acwilliams83.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex!
    This is a great idea for a new entrepreneurial venture! I can tell that you put a lot of thought into it and it seems like the results will show it. Personally, I think this would be a great idea for a restaurant and know many people that would be potential customers! Great job with this assignment! You can check out my blog at http://amunozent.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is actually a place like this in Tallahassee and it is doing very well for itself. I think that, with the right marketing, this is a restaurant that has a ton of potential. This is certainly a more unique idea than what I have seen from others. I too found it "interesting" as you put it. Feel free to check out my post at http://abraham-khalil.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete