My blog is not all that popular in terms of google searching. It does not appear anywhere near the first page of results. I think my biggest issue was that I named the blog after myself. I have a relatively common name. If I were to maybe have named it something abstract and more original, my blog probably would've been easier to look for. I do believe that the use of social media would have expanded my blog's potential to receive views. However, for the most part I used the blog primarily just for the class, not to actually expand my ideas to the general public. This is something that I would like to do in the future. However, I would like to do it with my own website, rather than a generic blog. My most viewed post was "Celebrating Failure." It had a whopping seven views. I think it was the most viewed because it was a topic that many could relate to, and really did not seem like a post of an educational course. My blog only shows up when I search the exact name of the blog and use the keyword blogspot. I can't imagine how many other Alex Knights there are in the world. I think that I definitely need to give my blog some sort of absurd creative name. I cracked the first page when using those very specific keywords. When searching just my name, I was nowhere near the front of the search and probably would've been digging for hours. I gave up looking after about page 25 of searching.
Hey Alex,
ReplyDeleteEven though I did not get a chance to complete this assignment, I imagine that I would have had the same results as you. Common names are good for spelling reasons, but become frustrating when trying to be unique or noticed in a crowd. I'm interested that even though you did not use your blog for postings other than class assignments that you would still like to continue blogging in the future. Would you still write about entrepreneurship or something else? Overall, your post was very interesting and I enjoyed reading it and learning your insights.