My interviewing strategy was very direct and to the point. However, I tried to keep it relatively casual, in a way that seemed more conversational than anything. I think this is the best way to get a positive response. I asked relatively simple questions, asking if customers were satisfied with the food they get from various breakfast restaurants late at night, if they were moderate or heavy drinkers (though this was a bit personal, but fared relatively well with the college demographic), and why they thought breakfast food was such a great thing to eat late at night.
I really think that I know understand the importance of feedback. We may think we have great ideas in our head, but people vary, and it is important to see what the majority of people want. A business will fail if I'm the only one who thinks that my ideas are good. I also realize the importance of conducting many interviews. Small sample sizes are helpful, but they do not allow for an accurate representation of the general population.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Emg8hH3xPc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Emg8hH6xPc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rmg8hH7xLc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rmg8LH7xL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sfg8R7xL
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Alex.
ReplyDeleteI think you did a really good job here. I agree with your point of conducting as many interviews as possible because it matters most what other people think and if they would condone the business you are trying to create. Overall, I think you did a good job conducting the interviews and asking the right questions.
Here's the link to my blog if you want to check mine out: http://lbritthoff.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-3.html
Hey Alex
ReplyDeleteLike the idea people should have options no matter the time or food. This is why big cities are so popular for the never sleeping appeal where you can do whatever whenever. Personally its no big deal to me because I usually cook whatever I want anyway. But for students who can't cook and always are eating out this is a wonderful idea breakfast for dinner.
Check out my blog at http://mrdreaces.blogspot.com/2016/02/customer-interviews-no-3.html
Hi Alex,
ReplyDeleteSome cool stuff here. I think your strategy was awesome, being direct is a key tool to getting useful answers. I also would concur that a relaxed atmosphere is the best way to get to the answers that will be most useful for your idea. Feedback is absolutely important. If you are asking such personal questions, honest feedback can be so important. I think at the end of the day what this will need is some incredibly honestly feedback when your working with sensitive material.